Ativan is a potent drug that is used in psychiatric practice to treat neuroses, depression, panic and other disorders. It has a long-lasting effect on the body, helping patients cope with negative experiences or somatoform manifestations.
The drug, acting on the cells of the central nervous system, relaxes the muscles of the body, regulates sleep, has an anticonvulsant, antiemetic and anxiolytic effect.
Ativan has proven itself well in the treatment of anxiety, fears, insomnia and panic attacks, but it is not prescribed for the treatment of external (exogenous) psychoses accompanied by delusional, manic, affective or hallucinogenic symptoms.
Where to Buy Ativan (Lorazepam)
|Drug Name:||Ativan (Lorazepam)|
|Tablet Strength:||30 pills x 2.5mg|
|Best Price:||$165.00 (Per Pill-$5.50)|
|Where To Get Ativan?|
In the treatment of chronic depression, the drug is used as an auxiliary agent that activates the therapeutic effect of the main antidepressant.
It is necessary to strictly observe the scheme and duration of use of Ativan, since their violation can lead to drug dependence, withdrawal syndrome or addiction.
Ativan actively affects different parts of the brain (limbic and reticular zones, thalamus, spinal cord, subcortical formations), changing the biochemical processes in it, inhibiting the neuronal activity of nerve cells, and reducing the transmission of impulses through them.
Therefore, the drug can:
• suppress fears, anxiety, panic;
• significantly shorten the period of falling asleep and eliminate nightmarish dreams;
• relax skeletal muscles.
Indications for use
• Sleep disorders on the background of excessive anxiety or experienced stress.
• Use in the complex treatment of various forms of epilepsy.
• Reactive disorders of the emotional and psychological sphere.
• Phobic disorders.
• Psychosomatic diseases.
• Nausea and vomiting during chemotherapy treatment.
• Psychoses that have arisen against the background of neuroendocrine disorders in the body (internal).
• Headaches from overexertion.
• Panic attacks.
• Delirium — alcoholic and narcotic.
• Neuroses and conditions close to them.
• Premedication before surgical interventions.
• Convulsive syndrome of various etiologies.
• Post-traumatic mental disorder caused by stress.
Pills are prescribed only from the age of 12. Injections are allowed only after 18.
For lung diseases and suspected nocturnal respiratory disorders (apnea);
For patients with porphyria;
In diseases of the urinary system;
For patients with hyperkinesis;
For patients with brain lesions of organic nature;
For patients with traumatic injuries of the central nervous system;
For patients with prolonged depression;
For patients with violations of protein metabolism in the body.
Develops with a sharp refusal of the drug, in such cases, patients begin to worry about:
• difficulty falling asleep;
• excessive irritability;
• constant anxiety;
• body trembling, chills;
• hypersensitivity to light, sounds, and touch;
• dyspeptic disorders (nausea, vomiting, stool disorders);
• convulsive contractions of individual muscles or limbs;
• headaches, dizziness.
The combination of Ativan with alcohol and alcohol-containing beverages and drugs leads to the development of aggressive arousal, the appearance of inappropriate behavior, increased intoxication.
Nicotine, on the contrary, reduces the therapeutic effect of the drug.
Discomfort and any dysfunction in the body when taking this anxiolytic occur extremely rarely, they can be expressed:
• in a decrease in performance due to severe fatigue;
• in a decrease in memory;
• in dryness of the nasopharyngeal mucosa;
• in disorders of appetite, in the appearance of diarrhea or constipation;
• in the development of allergic rashes, skin itching.
Improper administration of Ativan into a vein can lead to thrombosis and phlebitis, and intramuscularly – to the formation of infiltrate, abscess or phlegmon.
Adverse reactions during treatment with the drug appear when its dose is exceeded independently or during the period of the body’s habituation to the drug in the first 1-4 days of administration (such phenomena are moderate and pass independently).